Position: Agricultural Service Technician I
Responsible for servicing, installing, and maintaining agricultural water equipment, including pumps, motors, piping, and electrical circuits. Interface with customers to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution, which also includes complex product and service training to customers.
- Perform all maintenance and service on irrigation systems for customers in their designated territory, including after-hours emergencies
- Record and maintain all necessary service documentation in Meras service software
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of parts and materials for on-site service and support
- Effectively establishes and maintains customer relations
- Manages and assists with equipment installations as assigned; overseeing contractors as needed
- Troubleshoots problems and delivers effective solutions
- Performs general mechanical and electrical tasks as required
- Consistently utilizes effective communication to coordinate with other Meras staff, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Oversee customer’s chemical needs and inventory levels
- Represent Company’s Core Values. Support all program, and any other systems implemented by the company.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all company issued tools used for servicing pumps and any other related items
- Communicate with Business Development Specialists and Orders Department when necessary to ensure operations run smooth and customers are receiving excellent service
- Responsible for supporting team in meeting financial goals
- Deliver and transfer chemical to customer sites when necessary and while following all safety guideline (Employee shall not transport or handle hazardous material that exceeds the employee’s legal capacity or if the employee has not received appropriate training and certification.)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous education
- Support training initiatives of colleagues
- Conducts training for, and provides technical support to, customer representatives, and independent service representatives
- Prepare all service orders, timesheets, and expense reports accurately, neatly, and timely
- Assist with the evaluation of products for rebuilding, replacing, and maintenance purposes
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Active participation in routine (weekly) meetings and development of Top 5 Priorities
- Monitor, adjusts and maintains equipment, to perform at full capacity.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all customers
- Support installation needs of colleagues on new accounts
- Continuous priority on workplace safety. Advise colleagues on key safety measures and development of safety best practices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and overall service performance
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organization
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Performs special projects as assigned by Management
- Extensive traveling
- Adheres to all company standards, policies, and procedures
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and clean driving Record.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Word and Excel.
- Computer literate, tablet, smartphone, and other work-related technology.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic knowledge of Ag irrigation.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills.
- Communication skills
- Be able to work in high temperatures.
- Be able to follow company rules.
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- College Degree.
- Experience in water treatment, chemicals, mechanical or process engineering.
- > 1 year of experience in sales with a proven successful track record.