Position: Distribution Uniformity (DU) Intern
The Distribution Uniformity (DU) Intern measures water and pressure from irrigation systems in order to provide the grower an irrigation evaluation report with recommendations to improve the efficiency of the irrigation system.
- Drive company truck to various agricultural fields
- Accurately measures water and pressure from irrigation systems
- Take detailed notes, pictures, and precise calculations in the field, along with visual observations in order for dispatch to enter the data into a standard format for reporting purposes
- Observe any visible problems with the field and report to dispatch
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of data collection
- Clean driving record
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an agricultural setting.
- Ability to drive a vehicle
- Ability to hike uneven terrain
- Work in inclement weather and adverse conditions is essential
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Ability to dig holes occasionally to recover irrigation line
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Position requires a flexible schedule. Workdays could range from five to six days per week, and 6 to 8 hours per day with possible overtime. Workdays start early; at times the DU intern may need to leave their house by 4am to get to a job site. Schedules are given on a day to day basis to suit the special needs of the growers.
- Travel to various worksites is required.
- Assist service technicians
- Perform remediation’s
- Assist product manager with warehouse organization, blending chemicals, cleaning
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Current college student OR some college experience OR associates degree OR bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Passion/interest in the agricultural industry
- Company vehicle provided
- Cell phone reimbursement of $25.00 per month
- Paid Internship