Position: Industrial Service Technician
Responsible for testing, servicing, and maintaining industrial water equipment and chemistry, including pumps and piping. Interface with customers to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution. Track and replace chemical inventory at customer sites as needed. Write a service report each month for each customer detailing what service was performed and any issues resolved or that need attention.
- Perform all maintenance and service on Meras water treatment systems for customers in their designated territory, including after-hours emergencies
- Record and maintain all necessary service documentation in
Merasservice software (Salesforce or MS Word or Excel)
- Effectively maintains customer relations
- Troubleshoots problems and delivers effective solutions
- Performs general mechanical and plumbing tasks as required
- Consistently utilizes effective communication to coordinate with other
Merasstaff, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Oversee customer’s chemical needs and inventory levels
- Contact other
Merasemployees for needs and help more complex issues
- Represent Company’s Core Values. Support all program, and any other systems implemented by the company.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all company issued tools used for servicing pumps and any other related items
- Deliver and transfer chemical to customer sites when necessary and while following all safety guideline (Employee shall not transport or handle hazardous material that exceeds the employee’s legal capacity or if the employee has not received appropriate training and certification.)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous education
- Prepare all service reports, timesheets and expense reports accurately, neatly, and timely
- Manage all onsite repair, maintenance, and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Active participation in routine (weekly) meetings and development of Top 5 Priorities
Monitors,adjusts and maintains equipment, to perform at full capacity.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all customers
- Support installation needs of colleagues on new accounts
- Continuous priority on workplace safety. Advise colleagues on key safety measures and development of safety best practices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and overall service performance
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organization
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Performs special projects as assigned by Management
- Adheres to all company standards, policies and procedures.
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable in using a computer, tablet, smartphone, and other work-related technology.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- College Degree.
- Experience in water treatment, chemicals, mechanical or process engineering.
- > 1 year of experience in sales with a proven successful track record.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and equipment installation skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.
Send Us Your Resume