Substrate Irrigation Systems
Substrate irrigation requires regular irrigation maintenance in order to achieve optimal crop yield. If you experience plugging in your substrate irrigation system, there is no way for your individual crops to receive the life-sustaining water that it needs. Our substrate irrigation maintenance program, specifically designed for substrate irrigation, circumvents the issues faced by traditional DU testing and allows us to get to the root of the problem before your crops suffer. We start with an evaluation of your system with a water analysis, Emitter Inspection Program (EIP), and an evaluation of both to determine the proper remediation program.
Our Emitter Inspection Program (EIP) allows our technicians to inspect, identify, and remediate your substrate irrigation system on a regular schedule to ensure that plugging never becomes an issue again. The process is simple:
- Our technicians build an appropriate schedule with you to ensure minimal disruptions to your operation. This schedule dictates how often our technicians will perform emitter inspections on-site.
- In accordance with your schedule, technicians will remove and label 7-8 emitters per block of crops at one time. This gives us an ample sample of your system’s health.
- Each emitter is then dissected, allowing our technician to observe the labyrinth and diaphragm of the device.
- The technician will assess the two sections of the emitter for levels of organic matter or plugging hazards on a scale of 1-10, 1 indicating a clean emitter and a 10 indicating total plugging.
- Photos are taken of each to validate their assessment. These photos allow our entire team to identify reoccurring issues as well.
- The grade, photo, and individual assessment of the emitter is then uploaded to your SmartSheets profile for your convenience.
- If a concerning grade is assigned to one or more of your emitters, a remediation plan is immediately put into place. If it is a simple fix, we can often begin procedures that day. If more extensive action must be taken, our team initiates contact with appropriate personal before coordinating their next step.
- Lastly, all dissected emitters are replaced with new, clean devices.
Substrate Irrigation Water Treatment Maintenance Program
Our substrate maintenance programs ensure our growers stay ahead of potential problems that can lead to inefficient water delivery and yield loss. Clean systems deliver clean water and clean water is where true growth begins.
Advance Technology with Single or Dual Dosing Systems
Proper maintenance with Meras means customizing a program that does the work for you. We choose superior products and equipment to increase efficiency and longevity with a maintenance plan to match. We utilize the latest and greatest in micro-irrigation technology. Find expert knowledge and access to Grundfos Products, Symetrix, and Walchem amongst others. The technology you utilize in the field should be as exemplary as your service.
- Grundfos Products
Build to suit. Installation includes on-site welding and electrical in order to begin irrigation water treatment as quickly as you need.
Dependable Products and Service
Your dedicated technicians will perform regular tank checks, pump calibrations, water testing, and system maintenance on a regular and rigorous schedule. Minimal irrigation event disruptions and fast-acting remediation. DU testing is performed at regular intervals, and all collected data is reported in an easy-to-use format. Our Ag Water Specialists will work with you to design treatment products and regular service and reporting schedules.
Process Evaluation and Validation
Our service technicians and Agriculture Water specialists provide periodic process and product evaluation to ensure optimal performance from the products. We provide a monthly site performance report that indicates the amount of irrigated water and product that is being applied as well as other important data that can be useful in your operation.
Optimize Performance and Efficiency of your Micro-Irrigation System
Optimize the performance and efficiency of your micro-irrigation system with a customized Meras program specifically designed for you. Call today to discuss your unique program with one of our Ag Water Specialists.